Roundup Recipes: Space Launch Salad
While Café 3 is shut down over the summer for upgrades to the kitchen that will allow Starport to continue providing high quality food and coffee to JSC, Roundup is partnering with Emerge to provide Roundup Recipes, a periodic series of recipes that employees can try out
at home and bring for lunch! This week, Roundup Recipes is featuring the Space Launch
Salad, an original recipe from Noah Michelsohn in External Relations. During renovations, Starport is posting updates and offering additional food trucks at building 5S and additional vendors in the building 11 cafeteria.
Space Launch Salad
“Both quick to make
and beautiful to prepare, this salad is sure to impress your break room. This
salad especially pops in the summer months as the refreshing fruit counteracts
the Houston humidity.”
2 cups spring mix – rinsed, dried and torn
1/2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
3 fresh sliced strawberries
1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing (store bought or homemade)
- Preheat a pan on the stovetop to medium heat.
- Lightly oil the pan. Cook chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice.
- Meanwhile, place spring mix into a container to make a bed for the salad.
- Top with grilled chicken slices, strawberries, quinoa, bell pepper and almonds.
- In a separate container, pour two tablespoons of raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
- Pack in lunch box and enjoy at your desk the next day!
And while you eat, stay up to date on Dare. Unite. Explore. by reading the latest installment of the Directors Series!