JSC External Relations Honored by PRSA Houston
In a ceremony with industry peers at the Royal Sonesta
Houston Galleria on June 27, NASA Johnson Space Center’s External Relations
Office (ERO) received five awards for public relations campaigns and tactics
during the past year.
The Public Relations Society of American (PRSA) Houston’s
Excalibur Awards honor outstanding public relations professionals, programs and
tactics. In a nod to Space City and the 50th anniversary of the historic Moon
landing, the event celebrated Houston’s own “Giant Leaps in PR.” NASA
represented its own efforts in Houston with all five submissions placing as
finalists in their categories.
Johnson’s ERO received the following awards from a judging
committee comprised of public relations professionals:
- Gold award in the Events and Observances
Campaigns category for “#LaunchAmerica Announcement: Introducing the First
Crews to Fly Commercial”
- Gold award in the Internal Communications Campaigns category for "Roundup: Revamping and Rebranding Internal Communications for the Next Generation"
- Gold award in the Social Media Tactics category for "Will Smith Talks Space, Tests Limits of Instagram Live"
- Silver award in the Community Relations Campaigns category for "Space City Celebrates NASA's 60th Anniversary"
- Silver award in the Integrated Communications Campaigns category for "Year of Education on Station: Showcasing the International Space Station as an Education Platform"
NASA and COMIT contract employees were instrumental in the
implementation of many of these campaigns and tactics, from supporting the Year
of Education on Station (YES) campaign with Johnson’s Office of STEM Engagement
to working with Will Smith’s technical team to connect him to the space station
on Instagram Live.
PRSA Houston is one of the nation's largest and most active
chapters of PRSA in the country. Founded in 1950, PRSA Houston focuses on
helping members become more valuable to their organizations and clients, and
therefore become more successful professionally by providing peer-based
support, encouraging professional growth through participation in educational
programs and leadership roles, and promoting the highest standards of
professional competence and ethics.
For more information about the award submissions, click here.
Johnson's External Relations Office receives five prestigious awards from PRSA Houston. From left are Ralph Grau, Leah Cheshier, Becky Kamas, Jeannie Aquino, Debbie Conder, Isidro Reyna, Dan Huot and Noah Michelsohn.